A small pouch that sits right under your liver is your Gallbladder, which stores bile produced by the liver. After every meal, your Gall Bladder is empty and flat, just like a deflated balloon, but before you have your meals it is full of bile and of the size of a small pear. Its main function is to store bile which is also called as the gall, hence the name Gall Bladder. Bile is essential for the digestion of fats in food. The bile then emulsifies fats in partly digested food, hence assisting in their absorption.
Many of you might have heard about someone having a Gall Bladder Attack. Well in this article I will help you in understanding what Gall Bladder Attack means, are there any natural remedies that can prevent or reduce its symptoms and what diet an individual should follow to avert such condition.
Gall Bladder Attack
The term Gall Bladder Attack is actually a non-medical term. It is used to describe the sudden onset of pain because of the medical condition called acute cholecystitis or biliary colic. Hence Biliary Colic is a condition in which a gallstone gets stuck in the bile duct which transports the bile fluid from the gallbladder into the small intestines. This blockage causes a backup pressure in the gallbladder resulting in swelling of the gallbladder, which in turn triggers the pain people feel during an attack.
But what is a gallstone? A gallstone is a tiny, pebble-like structure made up of fats, proteins, and minerals in your body. Even gallstones are of two types
- Cholesterol gallstones – made up of cholesterol or fat, these are the most common types of gallbladder stones
- Pigment gallstones – these develop when your bile has too much of bilirubin, bilirubin is a pigment because of which red blood cells are red
We work with hundreds of people, in cleansing the gall bladder and have noticed that at least 90% of individuals on average will have stones released from them on our cleansing program. It is true that you can have gallstones without having a gallbladder attack. As almost 80% of the population will never have a gallbladder attack or any such complication. Hence those stones which do not block the bile duct will never be painful. But those who do are really bad and can lead to extreme pain and can lead to other complications in the body.
Symptoms of Gall Bladder Attack
A gall bladder attack will usually happen after you have had a large meal. In many cases intake of fatty foods is also a reason to trigger an attack. As your body is instructed to make more bile to digest the fats. Having a gall bladder attack also puts you at a higher risk of having other complications as well.
You may experience:
- Sudden or sharp pain that may last for a few minutes or even hours
- A dull or cramping pain that worsens very quickly in the upper right portion of the abdomen
- Abdominal tenderness
- Intense pain that is unbearable
- Sharp pain just below your breastbone or in the middle of your abdomen
- Chronic diarrhea
- Unusual stools or urine
You may also have other symptoms such as nausea, fever, chills, dark- or tea-colored urine, yellowing of skin and eyes.
Sometimes these gallstones also block the way to the pancreas. The pancreases are also responsible for making digestive juices to break down food. When the gallstones find their way to the pancreases, the condition is called as the gallstone pancreatitis.
Gall Bladder Attack Natural Remedies
- Sometimes gallstones can be genetic. But you can always adopt certain changes in your lifestyle and lower the risks of getting gallstones or having a gall bladder attack.
- Lose weight – being obese or overweight will always increase your risks of having a gallstone. Because your weight might make your bile richer in cholesterol.
- Exercise and be active – a sedentary or an inactive lifestyle is always harmful and will definitely increase your risks of having a gallstone. So get up and start moving, keep yourself healthy and fit.
- Balanced lifestyle – losing weight quickly also increases the risks of having a gallstone because fast weight loss causes your liver to make more cholesterol, hence avoid skipping meals, fad diets, and weight loss supplements. Go slow and maintain a balanced and sincere lifestyle.
Gall Bladder Attack Diet
A healthy diet and good exercise regime to lose weight will surely decrease your chances of having a gallstone and a gall bladder attack. Avoid unhealthy fats, sugary or starchy foods. Simply put, take out the junk food and meat products from your diet and eat a 100% plant-based diet. Eat foods that will help you in lowering cholesterol and have high fiber content. Like:
- Brown rice
- Fresh vegetables
- Dried fruits
- Whole grain bread and pasta
As already mentioned, a healthy lifestyle, a good exercise regime and eating high fiber content food will help in you reducing the risks of having a gallstone to a great extent.
Apart from these, you can also take the help of various detox products available in the market. Detox is a process in which the body is cleansed by removing or flushing unhealthy substances. Especially various types of herbal teas and drinks.
Like the 7-10 Day Detox and Cleanse Kit of Easey. This herbal body detox promotes digestive health, cleanses the liver, colon and helps eliminate toxins. The Easey Flush-Live Gall Bladder Detox is really good in detoxifying your liver and gallbladder, you can easily get rid of both gallstones and cholesterol stones through this aggressive detox. The complete kit is capable of not only flushing the stones out but also detoxifying your kidneys, cleanse liver and gall bladder both, cleanse your colon, boost immunity and increase energy levels.
Also read: Gall Stones Symptoms & Natural Relief Treatment