Although having the most expensive health care system, the United States of America is one of the sickest nations on this planet. The question is, what may be responsible for such an epidemic? Most of it has to do with lifestyle, and how it affects our colon. Dr. John Harvey Kelloggs stated that, “90% of the diseases of civilization are due to improper functioning of the colon”. Which makes it foreseeable that 40% of Americans suffer from chronic constipation.¹
Constipation is a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened feces. It is labeled as having less than 2 bowel movements a day.² Normally, we should have a bowel movement for every meal that we have for that day.
The average person has 1 bowel movement per day, which is one of the reasons why laxatives are one of the most over the counter sold drug in the United States. Constipation may occur when someone has a low fiber diet, repeatedly ignore the urge to go, do not drink enough water, or a lack of exercise.³
As a result of being constipated, a person can have between 5 to 22 pounds of stagnant waste sitting in their colons, according to the FDA. When waste stays in your colon for a long period of time, it putrefies and causes autointoxication. This toxic, poisonous waste is penetrated through your mucous membrane and absorbed into the bloodstream, where it is transported to every cell of the body, as a result, our body becomes sickly.
The bible says in Leviticus 17:11, “the life of the flesh is in the blood”. Your colon is now a breeding ground for disease, rather than an excretory mechanism of waste. Which makes the statement by Dr. J.H. Kelloggs, that a dysfunction colon is responsible for 90% of disease, understandable. The bible also states in 2 Chronicles 21:15, “And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day”.
THE SUGGESTED REMEDY
So the most logical initial step in both preventive and corrective measures as it pertains to disease is a thorough colon cleanse.
Apply all of GOD ‘S PLAN daily to your lifestyle; Godly Trust, Open Air, Sunshine, Proper Rest, Lots of Water, Always Temperate & Nutrition.
- Take 5 Tbsp of blackstrap in 1 quart of water. A blackstrap molasses enema would also beneficial. Blackstrap is very high in potassium. A healthy bowel contains sodium, potassium, and magnesium for proper functioning.
- A lemon enema is also beneficial. It disinfects and increases the production of gall bladder bile, which stimulates the movement of the colon. Use 1 lemon to 1 quart of water.
- We also recommend, “EaseySweep: No Enema Colon Cleanser” 1 Tbsp, 3 times daily, for 7 days.
- Drink lots of water 8 – 10 glasses daily.
- Eat lots of foods high in fiber, especially lots of vegetables and fruits!
Here is a list of some high fiber foods:
- Fruits: pears, apples, berries, oranges, tangerines.
- Vegetables: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, squash, potatoes.
- Legumes: beans, lentils, peas.
- Grains: whole-wheat bread, brown rice, bran, oatmeal.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, walnuts.
AFTER CLEANSING, IT IS ONLY WISE TO CHANGE THE BAD HABITS WHICH CAUSED YOUR CONSTIPATION IN THE FIRST PLACE:
1. Eat a high fiber diet. Most Americans eat 10 to 15 grams of fiber a day; doctors recommend 30 to 35 grams. Fruits and vegetables are one of the highest foods in fiber. Meat and meat by-products have little to no fiber, on the other hand, a balanced plant-based diet has all the fiber we need to ensure normal bowel function. That diet includes an 80-85% raw to 15-20% cooked food.
2. Drink enough water. Water is absorbed in the colon, and constipation occurs when too much water is absorbed and causes a dry and hard stool. Keeping hydrated prevents your body from absorbing too much liquid from feces. 8-10 glasses of water is recommended daily, depending on your body weight.
3. When you get the urge, go; by holding your stool in, the urge to go may stop, and causes the stool to dry up and become stagnant.
4. Exercise; not only does movement help with peristalsis, but constipation may be caused by weak abdominal muscles. Turns out that your abdomen plays a major role in elimination. Do some sit ups or crunches your body will thank you.
I EAT HEALTHILY
Many vegetarians/vegans believe that their colons are in good shape, however, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, M.D. of the Battle Creek Sanitarium said, “Of the 22,000 operations I have personally performed, I have never found a single normal colon, and of the 100,000 that were performed under my jurisdiction, not over 6% were normal.”.
The bible states in Psalm 104:14 that, “He (God) causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man”. God introduced herbs to our diets after sin, because he knew though we had the optimal diet, we would need to frequently service our bodies.
The manufacturers of most vehicles have stated that between 3000-5000 miles, the oil of a vehicle needs to be changed, which could range from every 3 – 6 months. It is not serviced because the car is broken down, but to prevent it from breaking down. If someone spends this much care in their cars, how much more their own bodies.
The reality is if we are not organically growing our own food (food with no bleach, dye, added sugar, preservatives, hormones, steroids, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, GMO, etc.) we are in danger of a toxic colon, and will need to keep our colon serviced regularly, by systematically doing colon cleanses, and live GOD ‘S PLAN daily.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Eden Lifestyle Ministry is providing this site and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Eden Lifestyle Ministry nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.