Whether through food, air, or the environment, the body absorbs more toxins that you think. Thankfully, our livers work very hard to eliminate these built-up toxins. However, when these wastes surpass the normal threshold of our body’s detoxification system, it’s time to take matters into our own hands.
Accumulating a buildup of waste in our bodies can lead to a number of health problems ranging from fatigue, obesity and can even compromise your immune system leaving you susceptible to all sorts of nasty stuff like the flu. If your body is showing any of these symptoms, it’s practically screaming out for a detox.
“How does one perform a detox?” you may ask. It’s actually incredibly simple and can be achieved with a few easy to make detox drinks! Detox drinks normally aim to cleanse the colon and the liver, two areas of the body responsible for waste extraction. Luckily, there are many ingredients nature provides for a healthy, natural cleansing of these two organs, most of which are probably already in your kitchen!
If you’d rather invest in purchasing ready-made detoxing products, specifically designed for cleansing different areas of your body, companies like Easey Series provide a whole range of detoxing water-soluble powders. You can opt for the colon cleanser, the kidney cleanser, or simply opt for their Total Body Cleanse and Detox Kit which includes Easey Series’ five best sellers. It’s totally herbal so you don’t have to worry about missing out on all the natural goodness of a homemade drink.
Prefer to try out a few recipes? We’ve got you covered there. We’ve compiled below mild recipes for you to try out and start your detoxing journey with.
Watermelon Citrus Water
Good for: Liver Cleansing
This recipe is great for the summer. It’s extremely refreshing while being extremely healthy!
1) Fill up a pitcher with purified water
2) Juice half a lemon and half an orange and pour into the water
3) Cut one cup of watermelon into small cubes and pour into a pitcher
4) Add a wedge of lemon and an orange wedge
5) Then serve!
Good for: Liver cleansing and other health benefits
If you have spices lying around, it’s time to make use of them! Spices and milk go hand in hand to make this concoction.
1) Pour 2 cups of milk into a bowl (using vegan milk alternatives such as almond or coconut milk is preferable)
2) Pour 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
3) Grate 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
4) Add a pinch of cinnamon
5) Add honey (optional) if you wish to make this a little sweeter on your taste buds
6) Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer
7) Strain the liquid into a glass and drink up!
Lemon Ginger Tea
Good for: Digestive System
This is an age-old recipe that you’ve probably already had at some point in your life, probably to treat a sore throat. But this recipe also helps vastly with digestive issues such as constipation and bloating.
1) Boil about 2 cups of water
2) Cut 1 lemon into thin slices and place in water
3) Peel about an inch or two of fresh ginger and slice thinly
4) Add a quarter of a teaspoon of turmeric powder
5) Boil once again in a saucepan and mix evenly
These recipes will be sure to improve your health, though they are not some magical potion that will solve all your health problems. Being healthy is a lifestyle, so make sure that in addition to detoxing with drinks, you perform regular exercises and rid yourself of anything negative that causes you unnecessary stress.
Cutting out caffeine and unhealthy fatty foods can also drastically improve your wellness.
Instead of that burger, why not opt for a vegetable salad? And how about replacing that cup of coffee in the morning with a tall glass of water? It’s the little things that make a big difference. Happy detoxing!
Read More: What to expect during a full body detox kit